Friday, January 15, 2010

Peanut Butter Chip Chocolate Cookies


These may very well be the most amazing cookie of all time. Or at least the winner of the "chocolate/chip" category. I'm still a die hard Molasses Spice fan, I must admit. But that's a completely different genre of cookie.

Kevin and I had had an argument. I wanted to bake. It was my way of venting. I didn't know which recipe to try though. I knew it needed chocolate. I've been on a huge chocolate craving streak. But I went through my whole "sweets" recipe box and came up empty. Then I saw the bag of Peanut Butter Chips I had bought at Aldi. During the Special Christmas Season. I didn't have a purpose for them at the time, but knew they would come in handy eventually. Especially seeing as how I'm a peanut butter fiend. On the back of the bag was a recipe. Sounded good enough for me. I adapted a few ingredients--namely the butter/marg/shortening--and these things are amazing.


They're rich.
They're perfectly chocolately.
Perfectly peanut buttery.
Perfect.

Picture a fudge brownie. In cookie form. With peanut butter chips.

Ingredients
1/2 cup margarine, softened
1/2 cup shortening
1-1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla
2 large eggs
2 cups flour
2/3 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups peanut butter chips

Cream together margarine, shortening and sugar. Add in vanilla and eggs. Mix until fluffy and combined. In a separate bowl stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. In three additions, stir dry mixture into the creamed ingredients. Stir in peanut butter chips.

Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
Cool on pan for 1 minute.
Cool completely on wire rack.






1 comment: