Saturday, January 16, 2010

Hot Cocoa Mix


For many of our Christmas gifts this year I personalized mugs and filled them with homemade hot cocoa mix. I had trouble deciding which recipe of hot cocoa to use, but when I saw an overlap between Annie's and Michelle's I knew I had found a winner. With a bag of mix leftover I had plenty of chances to test the recipe for myself. And Boy! is this wonderful! I loved mixing it with hot milk...the thick creaminess of the chocolate is just heavenly.

When we used up the last of that batch, I had to make more right away. Now Kevin and I have our own little stash of amazingness.


Yield: about 4 cups cocoa mix

Ingredients:
2 cups nonfat dry milk powder
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
1/2 cup powdered nondairy creamer
1/8 tsp. salt
mini-marshmallows

Directions:
Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Whisk together until evenly blended. Portion into gift packages as desired, and top each with a handful of mini-marshmallows.
Attach tags with the following instructions: “Mix 4-5 heaping tablespoons of cocoa mix with very warm water or milk to achieve desired flavor. Top with mini marshmallows and garnish with peppermint stirrer. Enjoy!”

OR place mix into an airtight container and enjoy the chocolately goodness for yourself! :D

1 comment: