Saturday, January 23, 2010

French Toast



I hadn't made French Toast in years and whenever I offered it to Kevin as a breakfast option he always turned it down. Some bad experiences, I guess. But this morning he decided he wanted to give it a go. I was kind of nervous. I didn't want to disappoint him. I did my best from what I could remember and the results were scrumptious! Kevin kissed me when he saw his plate of gloriousness.

Next time, I might enjoy a more stale piece of a bread to be used. I know there are some fantastic bread options out there, but I had whole wheat white bread that was going a little dry so I used what I had. You should do the same. The trick here is not to drench the bread in the egg. We don't want scrambled egg on our French toast. That's just wrong.

Ingredients
4 slices dry bread, the thicker the better
3 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1-2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp vanilla
syrup

Beat the eggs. Whisk in the milk, cinnamon and vanilla. Preheat large skillet to medium. Dip each slice of bread in the egg mixture, coating thoroughly but not drenching. Place in hot skillet and cook till golden brown on each side (approximately 2-4 minutes each side). Serve with your favorite syrup or fruit topping.




No comments:

Post a Comment