Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Spicy Molasses Cookies


Today is my love's birthday! Since we already had a party for him where I made key lime pie and New York cheesecake, I wanted something different to spoil him with today. He's not a cake fan, so when I saw this recipe under Pioneer Woman's "favorite" recipes I knew I had found what I was looking for. Kevin loves molasses cookies and since I've only tried one or two recipes before I'm still searching for the perfect one. I think I may have found it. Even though cookies are forbidden for me, I think I may have eaten 4....They're that great. Irresistible.

Note: A week later, these cookies are still fresh and soft and absolutely amazing. I have found the perfect Molasses Cookie. Thanks, PW.

Ingredients
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup Crisco (vegetable shortening)
1/4 cup molasses
1 egg
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 teaspoons baking soda

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix sugar, shortening, molasses, and egg together until well combined.
Dump in dry ingredients, stirring dry ingredients together lightly. Mix together until dough is combined.
Roll dough into walnut-sized balls, then generously coat each ball with sugar.
Place balls on a baking sheet and bake for 9 to 11 minutes, allowing to bake for about a minute after cookies begin to crack.
Remove cookies from baking sheet and allow to cool….though these are delicious while still warm.

Makes 30 cookies





No comments:

Post a Comment