Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Spicy Barbecue Skillet Chicken Recipe


478

It just so happened to be a Friday night when we didn't want pizza. I know, I can't believe those Fridays even exist. (I think it probably had a lot to do with the fact that I didn't plan ahead for the pizza dough and defrosting the frozen mozzarella, but let's not split hairs.) I had no idea what to make for dinner, despite my freezer and pantry full of food items. 

Suddenly, I had a desire for chicken and potatoes. Sounded plain and simple. But as I started defrosting the chicken this brilliant combination of spicy and sweet barbecue sauce occurred to me. PERFECT! Kevin and I loved this meal. It was fast and easy to prepare, and will have you to the table with 20 minutes. 

Spicy Barbecue Skillet Chicken Recipe
Serves 2

Ingredients
2--4 oz boneless skinless chicken breasts (or 4-6 chicken tenderloins)
2 Tbsp ketchup
2 Tbsp barbecue sauce
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp Sriracha hot sauce 
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp chili powder
salt
pepper

Directions
Heat a large skillet to medium heat on the stove top.
Pound out chicken breasts to even thicknesses. 

In a small bowl, stir together remaining ingredients. Using a pastry brush, brush both sides of each piece of chicken with the barbecue sauce. Once the skillet is preheated, add chicken to pan and cook 5-7 minutes on each side, or until insides are no longer pink. 

Serve alongside skillet potatoes and steamed broccoli. 



No comments:

Post a Comment