Thursday, November 24, 2011

Chicken Imperial Recipe

483

This is one of those recipes that I can't believe I haven't posted. It is one of my favorite recipes my mom used to make. It was the first dish Kevin and I cooked together, on our first Valentine's day together, just three months into our dating relationship. It's fast, it's easy. It's so incredibly moist and flavorful. I can't imagine anyone not loving this chicken. 

And yet, it's been a few years since I made it for the two of us. I was so thankful to be reminded of this recipe when a friend was asking for good ideas for chicken. I hope you try it and love it as much I have all these years.

Chicken Imperial Recipe
recipe passed on from my mom and Mrs. S 
Serves 2 (easily multiplied)

Ingredients
2 - 4 oz boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
1 Tbsp parsley flakes 
1 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp salt
Pepper
1 egg, beaten

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a small baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. 

In a small bowl, stir together bread crumbs, Parmesan, parsley, garlic, salt and pepper. 
In a second small bowl, beat egg. 

Working in assembly line fashion, coat each chicken breast with egg, then dip into bread crumbs being sure to cover on all sides. Place in baking dish. 

Bake for 40 minutes, until juices run clear and no pink remains. Serve alongside baked potato and your favorite steamed vegetable.  

and yes...we served ours with Blue (purple) Potatoes! Fun!

484

2 comments:

  1. OH my... this looks delicious! I will definitely be trying this once I go grocery shopping next week!

    ReplyDelete