Friday, May 20, 2011

{favorite} Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

IMG_7074

I have tried numerous recipes for Oatmeal Raisin Cookies but none of them really got me excited. Granted, I'm not a big fan of raisins in my cookies to begin with, but I just knew I could come up with the perfect recipe eventually. 

I'm so glad I didn't give up hope. This combination of ingredients is unique and results in a perfectly round, perfectly chewy, perfectly spicy cookie. Just what I was hoping for! You'll love these for sure!

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Makes 3 dozen cookies

Ingredients
1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 cup shortening
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 large eggs
1-1/2 cup flour 
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
3 cups quick cooking oats
1 cup raisins

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 

In a large bowl, cream together margarine, shortening, brown sugar and sugar. Once fluffy and smooth, beat in eggs and vanilla.

In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Incorporate flour mixture into the creamed ingredients in three additions. Stir in oats, then chocolate chips.

(Place dough in the refrigerator in between batches.)

Using a cookie scoop, drop dough by large tablespoonfuls onto a baking sheet. 

Bake for 9–10 minutes until edges and tops are just golden. Let cool on the baking sheet for 2 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.


--------

2 comments:

  1. I have never been a big fan of raisins in my cookies either but these look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for making these for us!!

    ReplyDelete