Monday, May 9, 2011

Baked Tortilla Chips

IMG_6787
My husband and I love to much on chips and salsa, but I hate knowing I'm using a fried chip to scoop up a completely healthy vegetable dip. Do you relate? If so, you should definitely try making your own chips. It takes a few times to learn exactly when the chips are done or to keep them from burning. :) (I certainly don't speak from experience. *wink*) 

I wrote this recipe for one pan of chips, but typically I'll make 3 or 4 pans once I have the oven heated up. Then, I have plenty on hand for snacking emergencies!  

Baked Tortilla Chips
36 chips 

Ingredients
6--6 inch corn tortillas 
Non-stick cooking spray
Sea Salt 

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 

Using a pizza cutter or large knife, cut tortillas into 6 even wedges. Arrange on large baking sheet and spray with a light coating of cooking spray. Sprinkle with sea salt. 

Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly golden and center of chips are firm to the touch. You will want to check the chips frequently during the last 5 minutes of baking to be sure they do not burn. Some ovens may require longer than 15 minutes. If so, check chips at 1 minute intervals.  Remove from the pan to cool. 

Store in an airtight bag or container. 

----

5 comments:

  1. Perfect! I have a stack of 6 inch corn tortillas that I need to use...thanks for the recipe! Bookmarked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look great! Would you consider linking your recipe up to Kitchen Tip Tuesday tomorrow?!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Making these! We love chips and salsa, guacamole, etc.!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh delicious, I love making my own tortilla chips. I think they taste better than store bought ones!

    ReplyDelete