Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Cinnamon Snaps


When I saw this recipe on Pam's wonderful food blog, I couldn't help but try them. I love cinnamon! When I compared this recipe to Pioneer Woman's Spicy Molasses Cookie I realized they're almost identical--which the exception of the spices and the butter. Kevin loved these much more than the Spicy Molasses Cookies as they don't have the "bite" that comes with the addition of cloves & ginger. I love both of them.

Ingredients
3/4 cup of butter, softened (I used shortening and it was great!)
1 cup of brown sugar (could substitute white sugar)
1 egg
1/4 cup of molasses
2 1/4 cups of flour
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
Raw sugar

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Beat the softened butter and brown sugar with a mixer until creamy; add the egg and molasses and mix well. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt and gently mix together. Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixer until well combined.
Roll dough into 1 inch balls and dip into the raw sugar; place the balls on an ungreased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. Bake for 9-10 minutes; cool on wire racks. Enjoy.

Yields: 2-1/2 dozen

No comments:

Post a Comment