Friday, November 20, 2009

Whole Wheat Buttermilk Pancakes



I know, I'm on some sort of a pancake kick. I'm ok with that. Aren't you? Who doesn't love pancakes? Seriously.

I found this recipe in my trusty Betty Crocker Cookbook. I figured the recipe "as is" wouldn't be nearly as good as Joy's Whole Wheat Banana Walnut Pancakes, so I changed a few things here and there. This recipe is my edited version.

Makes 5- 5" pancakes (thick!)

Ingredients
1 egg
1 cup ap or whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 Tbsp sugar
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
3/4 cup buttermilk*

*buttermilk can be made by adding just under 1Tbsp vinegar or lemon juice to the milk.

In medium bowl, beat the egg until fluffy. Beat in remaining ingredients just until combined. Batter may be lumpy. Don't over mix. Heat griddle over medium heat. It is ready when you drip water on it and the droplets jump around and sizzle. Pour batter onto a hot griddle using 1/4 cup or a small ladle. Flip when bubbles form and pop. Enjoy with syrup or a topping of your choice!








No comments:

Post a Comment