Saturday, November 21, 2009

Soft & Gooey Chocolate Chip Cookies


I know I've said I don't try other chocolate chip cookie recipes simply because Kevin absolutely loves "the perfect" recipe I use and will hardly tolerate me trying a new one. :) But alas, I caved. I wanted a different recipe--preferably one with all butter (since it's on sale at our Aldi for $1.49 a pound!) and one which had been road tested and approved by a fellow foodie whom I respect and admire. I hit up Michelle at the BrownEyedBaker and found what I was looking for. Though I'm still trying to figure out the cooking capabilities of my new oven and new baking sheets (and may have over baked a few batches), they still turned out scrumptious. (I don't even want to know how many I ate! eek!) Don't let the thin look deceive you into thinking this is a crunchy cookie. Though the edges may be, these turned out exactly as Michelle predicted--"thin, not cakey, soft, chewy and gooey." Yum!

*note: these cookies are even better the next day. Soft and Gooey is right!

Chelle’s Soft & Gooey Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1 tablespoon milk
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Microwave butter for 30 seconds, stir and set aside. Do not worry if it is not completely melted.
Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl and set aside.
Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla on medium-high speed until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add milk and beat until combined. Gradually beat in flour mixture, beating just until combined (do NOT overmix!). Stir in chocolate chips.
Refrigerate dough for 15-30 minutes.
Drop by rounded spoonful onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 12 minutes or until edges are just brown and middle is not quite set yet. Cool on pan for 2 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack.
Before adding more dough to warm cookie sheets, place sheet in freezer for 5-7 minutes to cool.
Store in an airtight container.

Recipe yielded 3 1/2 dozen cookies.


No comments:

Post a Comment