Monday, June 22, 2009

Italian Meatballs

Yes, I realize it's hard to believe (and even a tad bit ludicrous) that tonight was the first time this Italian girl had ever made meatballs. I'm a proud 1/4 Italian. Though you would probably never guess it.

Anyways here's the "recipe" that evolved out of my mixing bowl and my Italian bred tastebuds.

To make 8 walnut sized meatballs:

1/2 lb ground beef
2 cloves of garlic, minced or pressed
2-3 tsp. onion, minced
1-2 tsp. oregano
1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
salt
pepper

(Now you must realize that these measurements are all approximations. I just sprinkled here, minced there and sprinkled some more until I was happy. I recommend you do the same. Luckily garlic has no ill effects on my marriage. Kevin loves garlic just as much (if not more) than I do. Yay.)

Place all ingredients in a small mixing bowl and combine gently with your hands until spices are evenly distributed. (Do not handle more than necessary or the meat will become tough.)

Bake on a greased cookie sheet or baking dish at 375 for 10-12 minutes, or until juices run clear.

Enjoy with fresh pasta and marinara! (Three cheers for rice pasta!)

No comments:

Post a Comment