Monday, December 26, 2011

Creamy Broccoli, Chicken, and Penne Casserole Recipe

83

I was in need of a meal I could prepare in advance and have ready for our dinner at the end of my piano teaching hours. It was too late to start a crockpot meal. I don't normally go for casseroles, but when these ingredients popped into my brain, I knew I had a winner. This is quick and easy to throw together. It was amazing to come into the kitchen after teaching and find this meal ready to eat. Filling and nutritious, I recommend this to any family. 

Creamy Broccoli and Penne Casserole Recipe
Makes 4 servings

Ingredients
4 chicken tenderloins
2 cups dry whole wheat penne pasta
1/2 cup milk
2 cups frozen broccoli

2 cloves garlic, minced

1 cup fresh spinach, chopped
1/2 tsp Italian seasoning


1 - 14 oz can cream of chicken soup
Parmesan cheese for sprinkling

Directions
In a 2 quart sauce pot boil water and add 2 cups pasta. Cook to al dente. 

Defrost chicken tenderloins and cook in the microwave. (I never cook meat in the microwave, but because this was being combined into a tasty casserole, it worked out just fine.) Chop chicken into small bite-sized pieces.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 

In a large skillet, add a splash of milk and cook the broccoli and garlic. Stir in spinach, Italian seasoning, and chicken pieces. Then add in cream of chicken soup and milk. Drain pasta and add to the skillet, stirring to combine. Pour casserole into a deep dish 9 inch pie pan or a 9x9 inch baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan. Cover with tin foil. Bake for 45 minutes, until bubbly. Serve with additional parmesan cheese.



and definitely  Follow on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment