Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Cookies and Cream Ice Cream Recipe

IMG_0494

For me, ice cream is a food group all its own. Even if I'm making another dessert--brownies or cake--I feel that I need ice cream. And homemade? You just can't beat that. This recipe costs about the same as a half gallon of store bought ice cream and with 5 ingredients. Quick and easy, and SUPER delish, this recipe is a winner! I can't wait to make another batch! (I keep my ice cream bowl in the freezer for spur of the moment ice cream needs.) 

Cookies and Cream Ice Cream Recipe 
recipe from Tasty Kitchen
Yields 6-10 servings

Ingredients
1 cup Whole Milk, cold
3/4 cup Sugar
2 tsp Real Vanilla Extract
2 cups Heavy Cream or Half and Half
10 whole Oreo Cookies, crumbled

Directions

Freeze your ice cream bowl prior to starting your recipe, as it is very important that it is completely frozen.
Begin by adding the milk and sugar to your mixing bowl, and mix with a whisk until all of the sugar dissolves. Add in the vanilla extract, and the heavy cream. Assemble your ice cream maker, and turn it on, adding in your mixture.

Let the mixer spin for at least 25-30 minutes, adding the crumbled Oreo cookies in the last 5 minutes. Place the bowl back in the freezer for at least an hour or overnight if you prefer harder ice cream. Scoop and enjoy.



---

1 comment:

  1. Melanie,I love that this recipe doesn't call for eggs! Cookies and Cream is one of my favorites...can't wait to try this one!

    ReplyDelete