Thursday, July 21, 2011

Indoor S'mores

IMG_8709

Whenever we go camping, s'mores are the top of my priority list. Packing those 3 tasty ingredients is one thing I have never forgotten to do. My husband and I like to compete over who roasts the better marshmallow. The best part? I get to eat all of the results! Score

We returned home from our week+ long camping trip with teenagers last Wednesday (and yes, we're still recovering) and with piles of leftover s'mores ingredients I knew I had the perfect youth group treat. (Hence the large number this recipe yields.) I had no desire to start a fire in the 99 degree heat we've been having, but I didn't mind using my oven. (Thank God for air conditioning.) 

IMG_8708

I've made s'mores in the microwave before when I'm experiencing campfire-withdrawal, but this broiled version is FAR superior. In 10 minutes time you have yourself a perfect treat. Your kids will love you for it. And I promise I won't tell if you sneak seconds (or thirds.)


Indoor S'mores
Makes 20 s'mores. I won't say how many that serves. :) 

Ingredients
20 whole graham crackers
5 whole Hershey's chocolate bars
20 large marshmallows 

Directions
Preheat oven to the low broil setting. 

Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Break the graham crackers in half and arrange 20 squares on the cookie sheet. Break the chocolate bars into fourths, and place one fourth on each graham cracker. Top with a single marshmallow. 

Broil on low for 5 minutes. Remove when marshmallows are puffy and golden brown. Top with remaining graham cracker halves. Serve. Eat s'more.


No comments:

Post a Comment