Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Vegetable Soup (Slow Cooker)

IMG_7521

With 10 minutes to go before church, I realized I needed to have a plan for lunch. The Crockpot was called my name, but I was at a loss for ideas. I started pulled out piles of fresh vegetables from the refrigerator, and before I knew it I had compiled a delicious and TOTALLY healthy soup. 

Simple. Overflowing with fresh vegetables. Nothing is lacking. (Assuming you love your veggies!)

Vegetable Soup (Slow Cooker)
Serves 4

Ingredients
2 small zucchini, sliced
4 carrots, sliced
2 celery ribs, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 whole small onion, chopped
2 fresh tomatoes, chopped (OR 1 can diced tomatoes)
1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
pepper
1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning
2 chicken bouillon cubes
2-3 cups water

Directions
Place all ingredients into a 4 quart slow cooker, stir. Cook on High 4-5 hours or on Low 6-8 hours. Serve with a side of Honey Yeast Rolls or French Bread

No comments:

Post a Comment