Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies


I am forever willing to try new chocolate chip cookie recipes. It's never bad to have a fresh cookie to indulge my sweet tooth, and I just might come across something wonderful! This adaptation (egg plus egg yolk) of my standard cookie recipe results in a perfectly chewy cookie, with a crisp exterior, and the appearance of perfection. Yumalicious! 

IMG_5079


Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Yields: 3 dozen cookies

Ingredients
1/2 cup margarine or butter
1/2 cup shortening
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla 
1 egg plus 1 egg yolk 
2-1/4 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt 
1-1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 

In a large mixing bowl, cream together margarine, shortening, brown sugar and sugar. Mix in vanilla and egg and egg yolk until combine. Add flour, baking soda and salt and mix on low speed until just incorporated. Stir in chocolate chips. 

Drop by tablespoonful onto a large cookie sheet (preferably lined with a silicone baking mat.) Bake 9-11 minutes or until edges and tops of cookies are just golden. Let rest on the cookie sheet 2 or 3 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. 

---------
Never Miss a Post! Subscribe.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Melanie! I just found your blog via TastyKitchen--I love it! I also love finding fellow sisters in Christ in this lovely blogging world.
    Your recipe looks great. I'm on a search for my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe and yours looks like it needs to be the next one in my lineup. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mel! I'm about to do a grocery budgeting post that people have been asking me for. I was wondering, would it be ok if I were to both link to your "ideal grocery prices" sheet as well as use it as a basis and modify it for my Wisconsin readers?
    Let me know, I'm hopeful that I'll be ready to post by the end of the weekend, so if you could let me know one way or the other, I'd really appreciate it.
    Thanks! :)
    Also, we tried your Louisiana Chili recipe this week, it was yummy. :) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete