Friday, July 10, 2009

Barbeque Pot Roast & Zesty BBQ Sauce

We have had a pork roast in the freezer for...well...way too long now so I took it out to defrost in the fridge and hopefully forcing myself to use it. I asked Kevin for his opinions/cravings on how I should prepare and he said "barbeque." Now, I've never heard of a barbeque pork roast, but I figured it had been done before. Sure enough, my trusty Betty Crocker Cookbook came through with both a barbeque pot roast recipe and a zesty barbeque sauce recipe.

This was surprisingly quick and easy to throw together. Kevin absolutely loved how this turned out and we plan on experimenting with our own barbeque sauce until we have a "signature" recipe. I hope you will try this meal sometime.


Barbeque Pot Roast
1. Begin by heating a dry 12 inch skillet to medium heat. Cook beef on all sides until brown (to sear in the juices).
2. Meanwhile, in a 1 qt. sauce pan, heat all sauce ingredients to boiling over medium heat, stirring constantly; reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.


Zesty Barbeque Sauce--Ingredients
1/2 cup ketchup
3 Tbsp vinegar (calls for white, I used apple cider)
2 Tbsp chopped onion
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp. packed brown sugar
1/4 tsp ground dry mustard
1-2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped

3. When meat is finished searing and sauce is simmering, place prepared vegetables in the bottom of your greased crockpot:

4 potatoes, chopped
1/2 bag baby carrots
1 small onion, sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced

4. Place seared meat on top of the vegetables and pour prepared bbq sauce over top.
5. Cook in crockpot on high for 4-5 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment