While my mom was visiting, we looked through a bunch of recipes and decided on Stuffed Peppers for dinner. There were at least 4 different versions of this healthy meal, so I made up my own.
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Clean 3 large green peppers then cut out the stem and clean out the insides and seeds.
3. Using Minute Rice, microwave 1 cup rice in 1 cup water for 5 minutes, or until cooked. (You may used "real rice" if desired. cook according to directions.)
4. Saute 1/4 C onions and 3 crushes garlic cloves in olive oil in a 10 inch skillet over medium heat.
5. Once onions are softened, add 2/3 of a can of black beans, Cooked white rice, and approximately 1 C pasta sauce (more or less depending on how moist or liquidy you would like the mixture.) Heat thoroughly.
6. Transfer mixture into the cleaned green peppers. Bake for 30 minutes or until peppers are softened. Sprinkle with cheese and cook again for 5 minutes. Serve with cornbread. (I was going to put the link to my cornbread recipe, but apparently I haven't added it yet. That will be forthcoming.)