Sunday, August 21, 2011

Herb Turkey Burger

IMG_0199

I've heard many people say lean ground meat--especially turkey--can turn into really dry burgers. Yes, it's true that the added fat content can result in a really juicy, extra delicious burger. BUT, I don't like to clean up splattered grease, nor do I take pleasure in sopping up the fat from my cooked burger before partaking. (sorry for the grossness of that sentence.) 

But I'm here to tell you, low fat ground turkey burgers can be super juicy and delicious! It's all in the method! Be careful not to overcook the patty. Keep the heat low and slow, cooking 4 minutes on each side. Works for me! I hope it works for you too. :) 

Herb Turkey Burger
recipe by adorkablerecipes.blogspot.com
serves 2

Ingredients
1/2 pound 93% lean ground turkey
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp pepper
salt
1/4 tsp oregano
1/4 tsp chili powder
2 Tbsp bread crumbs

Directions
In a medium bowl use your hands to combine ground turkey, spices, and bread crumbs. Divide evenly into 2 sections. Form into patties with the middle slightly thinner than the edges to aid in even cooking. 

Heat a large skillet to medium. Cook burgers 4 minutes on each side. Serve atop bun with fresh lettuce, tomato and onion. 



1 comment: