Friday, December 10, 2010

Puppy Chow (aka Muddy Buddies)

I'm not sure how I've never made this sweet snack. Well, to be more exact, I'm not sure how I don't remember making puppy chow before. Kevin swears I made it for him a few years back and, at the time, said it was my first time making it. Hmm. This is a suspicious story I have. I'm just going to operate under the assumption that this was my first, since my mind must have had this memory erased.
IMG_0789

Puppy Chow/Muddy Buddies is an amazing snack combining my favorite things--chocolate. peanut butter. cereal. and butter. In under 5 minutes you have an enormous bowl of goodness to set out for your friends, family, and any other holiday guest. Just be sure not to set it out too soon. It will disappear. And you'll have powdered sugar ALL OVER your face. 

Ingredients
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup butter
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
9 cups Chex cereal (any variety)
1-1/2 cups powdered sugar

Directions
Combine peanut butter, butter and chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl.

Microwave for one minute then stir to blend all ingredients thoroughly. Add 1/2 tsp. vanilla. Stir well.

Place the 9 cups of Crispix cereal in a very large bowl.

Pour the peanut butter-chocolate mixture over the cereal and toss evenly, making sure all the cereal gets a good covering.

Coat with powdered sugar, sprinkling evenly over the cereal and tossing as you sprinkle to cover each piece well.
IMG_0785

3 comments:

  1. Puppy Chow is a treat I make each Christmas for teachers' gifts. I pack it in little Tupperware containers so they get a reusable gift as well with their goodies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That new camera is really coming in handy! Your food is looking more delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous pictures!!! I LOVE puppy chow, seriously one of the most addictive foods ever I think!

    You should check out my new post :-)

    ReplyDelete