Friday, July 5, 2013

Red Raspberry Pie Recipe

IMG_7935

One of the biggest, most beautiful benefits of working at a Berry Patch is getting to pick as many berries as I desire. A.MAZING. I picked a quart of Red Raspberries to bring home to my dad, and when i mentioned this to him, he quickly requested a Raspberry Pie. "I don't have enough berries for that, Dad, sorry," I said.

But then I decided it wouldn't hurt to see how many cups of raspberries were in a quart. There was just under 6 cups - perfect (maybe a few too few ;)) for a pie.

I LOVE baking pies, so this was a perfect 4th of July afternoon activity for me.

Red Raspberry Pie Recipe
recipe adapted from Betty Crocker Cookbook
Makes 9 inch pie (8 servings)

Ingredients
2 crusts (1/2 recipe) Never Fail Pie Crust
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup flour
6 cups red raspberries
1 Tbsp butter

Directions
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Make Never Fail Pie Crust. Line the bottom of a 9 inch pie plate with 1 pie crust.

In large bowl stir together sugar and flour. Pour over raspberries and stir gently so as to keep berries in tact.

Pour berry mixture into bottom crust. Dot with butter. Cut slits in the 2nd crust and place on top of berries. Seal edges.

Bake for 35-45 minutes, until crust is golden brown and juices begin to bubble through the slits in the crust.

Allow to cool at least 2 hours on a wire rack.



Subscribe to The Adorkable Recipes | Follow on Facebook. | Find me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment