Thursday, February 14, 2013

Oatmeal Waffles Recipe

IMG_4480

I am a fan of most any breakfast food, but for Kevin waffles are near the top. On one of his days off, I decided to find a new recipe for waffles. I came across this hearty sounding oatmeal waffle recipe in a collection of Taste of Home recipes I found at a garage sale years ago. (Someone had categorized hundreds of TOH recipe cards clipped from the magazine. A steal for a dollar!)

These waffles turned out perfectly and were so easy make! Plus, you will likely have all of the ingredients on hand! That's always a win when you're in the mood for a good breakfast! 


IMG_4482

Oatmeal Waffles Recipe
recipe adapted from Taste of Home 
Makes 12 waffles

Ingredients
1-1/2 cup flour
1 cup quick cooking oats
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1-1/2 cups milk
6 Tbsp butter, melted
2 Tbsp brown sugar

Directions
In a large mixing bowl, stir together flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. In a second, smaller bowl, stir together eggs, milk, butter and brown sugar.

Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until combined.

Pour batter into a preheated waffle iron, according to the manufacturer's instructions. Butter, syrup, and enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. Hello Melanie and greetings from California! I am a first time visitor. What a great blog. My wife also is so creative at incorporating oats into classic recipes to create a healthier yet still tasty meal. So the waffle recipe really makes sense and looks delicious. Compliments on the great quality of your photos. I will be back to visit.

    I write a blog about food but with my reflections on relationships, love, friendships and family. Please visit. Maybe follow. That would be cool.

    ReplyDelete