Saturday, November 24, 2012

Low Cal Chewy Granola Bars

IMG_3330

I know, I know, another granola bar recipe. But, friends, I was so excited to find not one but TWO recipes I really enjoyed. This version is completely different that the first recipe I shared, but even HIGHLY on the health scale. I made a few alterations to Sarah Fit's recipe, but I left her original recommendations in tact, because I would have liked to try those ingredients had I had them on hand. These are a chewier granola bar, and perfect for traveling nutrition. 

Low Cal Chewy Granola Bars
recipe adapted from Sarahfit.com
Makes 12 granola bars 

Ingredients
1/2 cup milk (Sarah recommends unsweetened vanilla almond milk)
2 Tbsp honey
1 medium ripe banana, mashed
1-1/2 cup old fashioned oats
1/2 cup flour (Sarah recommends Almond meal)
3 Tbsp coconut
2 tsp cinnamon
3 Tbsp flaxseed, ground (Sarah recommends 2 servings Vanilla Protein Powder)
1/4 cup almonds, roughly chopped 
1/4 cup raisins

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Combine milk, honey, and mashed banana in a large mixing bowl. Add in oats, flour, coconut, cinnamon, and flaxseed and stir together. Stir in almonds and raisins to evenly distribute. 

Coat a 9x13 pan with cookie spray. Press batter evenly into the pan.

Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until center is firm. Cut immediately upon removing pan from the oven and let cool completely in the pan. 

Wrap individually in plastic wrap and store in an airtight container to preserve freshness.

130 calories if cut into 12 bars. 


2 comments: