Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Garlic Ginger Beef Broccoli Stir Fry Recipe

IMG_7737

Sometimes I find meat in the back crevices of the freezer and I am embarrassed to admit how long it's been stored. I'm some sort of a weird combination of bargain-hunter and food-hoarder. I find great deals, but then don't want to actually use it up. Ridiculous, right? 

Anyways, I found these lovely strip steaks, and knew they would need some fantastic flavor to overwrite their age. :) This sweet garlic-ginger stir fry was the perfect solution! This is a fast and easy dinner idea. The longest part is cooking the rice. 

Garlic Ginger Beef Broccoli Stir Fry Recipe 
recipe inspired by Rebecca on Tasty Kitchen
Serves 2

Ingredients
2 Tbsp canola oil
2 New York Strip steaks
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 - 1 inch piece candied ginger, finely chopped
2 Tbsp brown sugar
3 Tbsp soy sauce
---
2 cups cooked brown rice
2 cups steamed broccoli 

Directions
Slice each steak into thin strips, working against the grain. 

In a large skillet add the canola oil and heat over medium. Once hot, add in garlic and ginger and cook 1-2 minutes. Arrange the beef slices in the pan and cook 2-3 minutes on each side. Sprinkle in brown sugar and soy sauce. Stir to coat the beef with the sugar. Cook another 5 minutes until sticky, like syrup. 

Serve beef atop brown rice and steamed broccoli. Add additional soy sauce if desired. 

---

2 comments:

  1. I totally understand the bargain shopper/hoarder combo. We just went in with several other families to purchase a quarter side of beef. It was a fantastic deal and now our freezer is loaded with beef, but I feel like I don't want to use it up to fast! Silly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That recipe is very great and it looks delicious! I think this dish is perfect for our meal for tomorrow. I will now go to the market and buy some ingredients. Anyway, if you are looking for more recipe for stir fry, you may visit the site that I've found earlier because it has a lot of stir fry recipe, just click here.

    ReplyDelete