Friday, October 14, 2011

No-Bake Energy Bites Recipe

260

When this recipe was sent to me by a friend, I knew right away it was not getting put on the back burner. These tasty little morsels were getting made that same afternoon! Sure enough, I fell in love with these bites. The recipe is SO versatile--I look forward to substituting raisins or craisins or chopped nuts for the chocolate chips, and even cocoa powder for the flax. 

WAY healthier than a cookie, and (dare I say!) even more delicious, I look forward to keeping an arsenal of these in my refrigerator. Now, to learn self -control. These babies are SO good, I have trouble not eating half the batch. :) 


No-Bake Energy Bites Recipe
recipe adapted from Smashed Peas and Carrots
Makes 24 energy bites

Ingredients
1-1/2 cup oatmeal
1/2 cup peanut butter (or other nut butter)
1/3 cup honey
1 cup coconut flakes
1/2 cup ground flaxseed
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
1 tsp vanilla

Directions
Mix everything above in a medium bowl until thoroughly incorporated.  Let chill in the refrigerator for half an hour.  Once chilled, roll into balls and enjoy!  Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 1 week.



No comments:

Post a Comment