Monday, April 25, 2011

Honey Glazed Ham (Slow Cooker)

Yesterday's holiday Easter dinner preparation and clean up was by FAR the simplest and easiest ever. I could hardly believe it was a holiday when I was done with dishes so quickly. (It helped there were just four of us so fewer dishes to begin with, but still.) I decided to cook the ham in the crockpot. Then I decided to cook the potatoes in my second crockpot. I baked the pecan pie the night before. The green beans steamed in minutes. And the honey yeast rolls came fresh from the oven (after I prepped them and stored them in the fridge before church, came home, preheated the oven and baked them fresh for lunch.)

I don't think I'll ever go back to the oven cooked ham again. It can NOT get any easier than putting your ham in the crockpot, pouring a glaze over it, and plugging it in. DONE. Perfectly. 

Honey Glazed Ham (Slow Cooker) 
recipe adapted from crockpot365.blogspot.com
Serves 6-8

Ingredients
6-8 lb bone in ham (spiral cut makes this method even easier)
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
1 Tbsp brown sugar
2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp dried thyme 


Directions
Spray the inside of a 6-quart slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Unwrap ham and discard flavor packet. Place ham into slow cooker. 

In a small bowl, combine vinegar, honey, butter, Worcestershire sauce, sugar, and thyme. Pour mixture evenly over the ham. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours, or until heated through. 

---

No comments:

Post a Comment