Monday, September 6, 2010

Garlic and Lemon Tilapia


I'm not a huge a fan of fish. 
Which is either really ironic or really relieving given my maiden name. 
I only like shrimp or clams when they're all battered and fried. 
But who doesn't like anything battered and fried, I mean really?
But Tilapia? Now that's a fish I can sink my teeth into.
It's mild tasting.
It falls apart with the touch of your fork.
It's the EASIEST "meat" to prepare.
Seriously.
I was shocked the first time I fixed Tilapia for dinner.
It takes about 6 minutes on the stove top. 
With a sprinkle of garlic.
And you've got melt-in-your-mouth, not to mention uber nutritious fish. 


Ingredients
canola or extra virgin olive oil
Tilapia fillets, defrosted

Made for fish/poultry seasoning OR
Garlic powder

Parmesan cheese, grated
Thyme
Lemon Juice 

Directions
Heat a skillet to medium-low heat and drizzle with oil. Begin cooking the fish when the rest of the meal has less than 10 minutes to cook. Season fish on one side and place season-side-down in the heated skillet. Cook for 3 minutes. Season the top of the fish. Flip over and cook on the other side for 3 more minutes. Serve! (with a lemon wedge and these potatoes, if you feel like it. :D) 

No comments:

Post a Comment