Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Nestle's Choc-Oat-Chip Cookies



This cookie has been requested a few times by the "customers" at church every Sunday. (Where I sell a few dozen cookies to make money for a youth group fund.) I finally got around to using the recipe on the back of my 72oz bag of chocolate chips (also known as "morsels"). The cookies are tasty though I had a bit of a problem with their baking. This could have something to do with the fact I'm using a new oven or that I didn't realize about 1/4 cup of flour didn't make it into the mixture. The dough was super goopy and by the time the cookie centers were baked the edges were a bit crisp. I'll have to work on perfecting this. But, as I said, that didn't deter me from trying one (or a few...) They are yum!

1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/4 cup brown sugar
1 cup margarine or butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
2 large eggs
2 Tbsp milk
2 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 cups quick or old fashioned oats
2 cups (12 oz) semi sweet chocolate chips
1 cup coarsely chopped nuts (optional)

preheat oven to 375.
Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat brown sugar, butter and white sugar in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in eggs, milk and vanilla. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in oats, morsels and nuts; mix well. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake 9-10 minutes for chewy cookies or 12 to 13 minutes for crispy cookies. Cool on baking sheets for 1 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.

Yields about 4 dozen cookies.


No comments:

Post a Comment