Monday, August 3, 2009

Garlic Deviled Eggs





These deviled eggs are not for the faint of heart. I set about making this lovely little appetizer in hopes of making my husband very happy. He loves deviled eggs! I do too! However, I have never made them before (which is weird actually) and I wasn't exactly sure what the protocol was for deviling eggs. So rather than search for the perfect looking recipe, I decided to make up my own. Risky, I know! The result is perfectly delicious for my tastebuds and I'm certain Kevin will be totally geeked about them too! But if you don't like spice you'll definitely want to limit the garlic. and the mustard. and the cilantro. :)



6 eggs
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp. yellow mustard
1/4-1/2 cup mayo (I used light Hellman's)
salt
pepper
paprika, for garnish
cilantro, chopped, for garnish

Place 6 eggs in a 3 quart saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a rolling boil. Turn heat off immediately and let the eggs sit on the burner for 20 minutes. Drain hot water off and cover with cold water. Let cool completely and then peel the eggs. Cut eggs in half, lengthwise and scoop out the yokes into a small bowl. Combine yokes with garlic, mustard, mayo, salt and pepper until desired flavoring is achieved. Use a small spoon to fill the egg whites with the yolk mixture. Sprinkle with paprika and chopped cilantro.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Mel - did I plant the Deviled eggs Idea in your head??? I ended up making them on Sunday too!!

    ReplyDelete