*check out this definition if you've never experienced the gloriousness of a calzone.
Start with the Pizza Crust recipe:
2 1/2 to 3 Cups all purpose flour
1 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1 package regular or quick active dry yeast (2 1/4 tsp)
3 Tbsp olive or veg. oil
1 Cup very warm water (120 to 130 degrees F)
In large bowl mix 1 cup of the flour, the sugar, salt and yeast. Add oil and warm water. Beat with electric mixer on medium speed for 3 minutes, scraping the sides of the bowl frequently. Stir enough remaining flour until dough is soft and leaves the side of the bowl. Place dough on lightly floured surface. Knead 5 to 8 minutes or until dough is smooth and springy. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and let rest 30 minutes. Continue as directed for Calzone.
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease 2 cookie sheets with shortening or spray with cooking spray.
2. Divide dough into 6 equal parts (I didn't think it made big enough or crusty enough calzones, so I made only 4 this last time and seemed to work nicely.) On lightly floured surface, roll each part into 7 inch circle with floured rolling pin.
3. Top half of each dough circle with mozzarella cheese and your choice of toppings within 1 inch of edge. Carefully fold over dough and pinch edges or press with fork to seal securely.
4. Place calzones on cookie sheets. Brush with egg or oil. Bake about 25 minutes or until golden brown.
5. Enjoy plain or dipped in marinara, ranch, etc. :)