Friday, July 24, 2009

Twice Baked Stuffed Potatoes

I have to be honest with you. I posted the pictures here probably a month ago when we actually had this meal for dinner. However. I have completely neglected to publish it along with the directions. Which is no big deal except I can't remember exactly how I went about these glorious potatoes. I'm going to try my best and encourage you to "wing it." Don't worry...you can't go wrong with potatoes. and bacon. and cheese. You just can't. :)

2-3 medium baking potatoes
4 strips cooked bacon
1/4 cup shredded cheese
1/4 cup (or less) milk
Sour creamJustify Full
butter
salt
pepper

Bake potatoes (whole) in a 450 degree oven for 45 minutes--or until tender. Allow them to become cool to the touch. Cut each potato in half. Scoop out the insides, leaving a sturdy "shell"--approximately 1/4 inch thick. Combine potato "insides" with desired amount of bacon, butter and/or sour cream, salt and pepper. Refill shells. You may find you don't have enough filling for all the shells--hence the extra potatoes. Be sure to choose to bake at least one extra potato than you plan on serving. Just discard (or eat!) the extra skins. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 450 degrees for 15 minutes--or until cheese is melted and filling is piping hot.




No comments:

Post a Comment