Friday, July 24, 2009

Chocolate Cookies

These cookies are definitely a way to satisfy a chocolate craving. They come out nice and chewy and of course chocolately! I have no idea where this recipe came from and while I plan on trying it again sometime, I found it rather difficult to roll the dough into the logs needed to chill and then slice. My hands were covered in sticky chocolately goodness and when Kevin came home he pointed out more dough on my nose and my arm! So...if anyone tries this (or already has experience with it) and has a tried and true method for keeping the "stickiness" to a minimum please let me know. And if I happen to come up with a solution, I will edit this post. In the meantime, enjoy the fruits of your labor.



2 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
2 cups sugar
2 large eggs
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup cocoa powder
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salkt
White Sanding sugar, for garnish

In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar together. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix until combined. In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the cocoa powder, flour, baking soda, and salt. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture and continue mixing until incorporated.

Roll the dough into 2 logs that are about 2 inches high and 1 foot long. Wrap them in waxed paper and refrigerate for 2 hours.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Once thoroughly chilled (and firmed), slice the cookies into 1/2 inch thick rounds and cover with sanding sugar. Place on parchment lined (or greased) cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes.

Remove to a wire rack to cool.


No comments:

Post a Comment