Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Zucchini Bread

This recipe was passed on to me by my wonderful mother-in-law who knew this was one of my favorite breads and has made it for me often. It's delicious and just spicy enough and perfectly moist. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.



Zucchini Bread

3 eggs
2 cups sugar
2 cups shredded zucchini (you can freeze shredded zucchini and save for later use...like today!)
1 cup cooking oil
2 tsp. vanilla
3 cups flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. cloves
1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional, I leave out)

Preheat oven to 350.
Grease 2 loaf pans.
In large bowl, beat eggs until foamy.
Stir in sugar, zucchini, oil and vanilla.
In separate mixing bowl, combine remaining dry ingredients with a wisk.
Add dry mixture slowly into wet ingredients until thoroughly incorporated.
Pour batter into greased pans.
Bake 60 minutes.
Cool in pans then turn out to serve.

Loaves can be frozen.


No comments:

Post a Comment