Monday, April 20, 2009

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies



I'm not sure what to post first!  I have the perfect pizza crust, banana bread (in the form of millions of mini muffins), and oatmeal raisin cookies.  Sheesh!!  So STAY TUNED so you don't miss any of the goodness! :)

Now, the funny thing about oatmeal raisin cookies is that I've never baked them before.  "Seriously, Mel?", you say.  "Yes, it is sad, but true."  Well, actually not so sad in my opinion, because I personally do not love raisins in my oatmeal cookies...thus, I have always made oatmeal cookies sans raisins.  Just last night I was asking Kevin which variety of cookie I should bake for next week's Sunday bake sale (besides the staple of chocolate chip of course!), and he recommended Oatmeal Raisin...and then went on to tell me how they are his favorite type of cookie.  Can you believe it?!  I must have known this and subconsciously pushed it from my mind because never in almost 5 years have I baked him Oatmeal Raisin cookies.  whoops!  Well, that situation has been righted courtesy of Annie's Eats Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Recipe.

1 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups light brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup granulated (white) sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 3/4 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
3 cups rolled oats
1 cup raisins
1 cup walnuts (optional)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
In large bowl beat butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, eggs, and vanilla with a hand held mixer until well blended.  In a medium bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.  Add dry ingredients to butter mixture, stirring until just combined.  Fold in rolled oats, raisins and walnuts (if desired).  Drop dough by rounded teaspoons about 2 inches apart onto a cookie sheet.  
Bake for 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.  Cool 2 minutes and remove to wire rack to cool completely.  

Yields: 4 dozen cookies 


No comments:

Post a Comment