Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Banana Bread [in mini muffin form]




I have used five or six different banana bread recipes in the last year, but I had yet to try this one given to me by Ms. Carol--a wonderful mentor from my hometown. This recipe is very easy to whip up. I might add another banana next time because I like a "really banana-y" bread. Otherwise, it's wonderful!

Cream together:
1/2 C. oil
1 C. sugar
2 eggs

Add 2 mashed bananas to the creamed mixture.

Sift together:
2 C. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt.

Add sifted mixture into the creamed ingredients. Mix and as you mix pour 1 C. water (or 1/2 C. water plus 1/2 C. milk) into the batter. If desired add 1 cup chopped walnuts. Bake at 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes for a bundt pan or 35-40 minutes for 2 loaf pans or 7-10 minutes for mini muffins (being sure to grease pans with cooking spray). Bread is done when toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

Note: watch the mini muffins carefully. They cook quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment