Saturday, October 30, 2010

Sourdough Pancakes


STP64663

I have to tell you, Kevin was not a fan of these. He just didn't think the flavor went well with syrup. They just didn't seem like "pancakes" to him.

On the other hand, I really loved these. I love sourdough (Kevin does too, but let's pretend he's not a factor here), and these taste exactly as I expected. I loved the fact that half of the job was done the night before and only took 3 seconds to complete. Try these! I'll be curious to know your thoughts!

Sourdough Pancakes
Ingredients

2 cups flour
2 cups water
1 Tbsp of yeast
2 eggs
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 Tbsp sugar
2 Tbsp oil



Directions
The night before, mix together flour, water and yeast in a glass, plastic or stoneware (NOT METAL) bowl. Let sit overnight on the counter.

In the morning add the eggs, baking soda, salt and sugar. Beat will into batter and then add 2 tablespoons of melted butter or oil.

Heat a pan to medium low--until a drop of water sizzles. Spoon batter onto the hot pan and cook until bubbles form. Flip and cook another couple minutes until golden.

No comments:

Post a Comment