Friday, October 15, 2010

Pumpkin Granola


For once in my life, I actually followed the recipe--
and it totally paid off!
This granola is fantastic.
It has a great spice, a perfect texture, and a wonderful aroma.
It's addicting, really.

I'm so glad I stumbled upon this fantastic recipe blog by The Cooking Couple, Maria and Josh.
Their blog, Two Peas in a Pod, is right up my alley.
I'm looking forward to many more great recipe finds there!
In the mean time, you'll excuse me....
*nom. nom. nom.*


Ingredients
5 cups rolled oats
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
¾ tsp. salt
¾ cup brown sugar
½ cup pumpkin puree
¼ cup applesauce
¼ cup maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup dried cranberries, optional
1/2 cup sunflower seeds, optional
1/2 cup almonds, optional

Directions
Preheat the oven to 325° F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.

In a large bowl, combine oats, spices, and salt. Mix well.

In a medium bowl, whisk together brown sugar, pumpkin puree, applesauce, maple syrup and vanilla extract.  Whisk until smooth.  Pour wet ingredients into oat mixture and stir until the oats are evenly coated. They will be moist. Evenly spread the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet.

Bake for 20 minutes. Remove pan from the oven and stir. Bake for an additional 15-20 minutes or until the granola is golden and crisp. Remove from the oven and stir in dried cranberries and pepitas. Let cool completely. Store in an airtight container.

*Note-serve granola with yogurt, milk, or enjoy plain.


2 comments:

  1. I never follow the recipe either but this looks awesome!

    Lots of yummy love,
    Alex aka Ma What's For Dinner
    www.mawhats4dinner.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'll be making this recipe this week! Yum!

    ReplyDelete