Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Pot Roast

Kevin had one request for dinner this week--pot roast. I think after 2 weeks of being without me or my homecooked meals, he was really needing some comfort food. Now, I have to admit this is one of the quickest and easiest meals to put together and it comes out so delicious! There are probably thousands of ways to prepare a roast, but this is my mom's way so this is how I do it!

To serve 3-4 people:

2 lb. pork shoulder (or any other cut of meat you prefer)
4 small Idaho potatoes, chopped
1/2 lb (half of the bag) of baby carrots
1/2 small onion, sliced

After sprayed the 4 qt. crock pot with cooking spray, pour in the chopped potatoes and carrots. Place the roast on top of the veggies. Arrange onion rings on top of veggies and meat. Sprinkle half a package of Onion Soup Mix over the roast and veggies. Add salt and pepper as desired. Fill with water to the level of the potatoes and carrots. Cook on high 4-5 hours or until meat and veggies are tender.

1 comment:

  1. I seriously love this recipe. It's so easy and delicious :)

    ReplyDelete