Friday, March 11, 2011

Pecan Sandies

IMG_5324

Pecan Sandies always remind me of my dad. I remember having a package of the Keebler variety in the cabinet, and as a young girl I couldn't figure out why anyone would choose a pecan cookie over a chocolate chip cookie. Now I know why. These shortbread-esque cookies are the purest form of dessert. 

Butter.
Flour.
Sugar. 
Done. 

A simple list of ingredients, quick to put together, impossible to stop eating, these cookies are just asking to be made by you! :D  

IMG_5322

Pecan Sandies
recipe adapted from browneyedbaker.com
Yields: 1 dozen cookies

Ingredients
1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 cup brown sugar
1-1/2 vanilla extract 
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup flour
1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped

Directions
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. 

In a medium bowl, beat together butter and brown sugar until creamed. Mix in vanilla extract. Add flour and salt and stir until just combined. Stir in pecans. 

Roll dough into 1-1/2 inch balls or use a cookie scoop. Arrange on cookie sheet and flatten balls slightly with the dampened bottom of a glass. 

Bake until golden brown, 12-15 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through baking. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Once cooled completely, dust lightly with powdered sugar, if desired. 

----
Don't miss a recipe--subscribe!

2 comments:

  1. Ah Melanie these look AMAZING. I love the packaged kind so I can't even imagine how much I would love homemade ones...too delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How much of the Vanilla Extract? I'm guessing tsp, but it doesn't say. :o)

    ReplyDelete