Thursday, August 27, 2009

Banana Bread



I'm not sure I'll ever stop trying new banana bread recipes. I just love almost every results and each of them is slightly unique. Therefore I cannot stop. So if you have a favorite banana bread recipe please please share it with me! I would LOVE to try it!

I whipped the up the other evening with my abundance of $0.19/pound bananas and had just written the measurements down on a scrap piece of paper. Thus, until this very moment, I have been at a complete loss as to the origins of this recipe. You see, I'm a little tiny bit addicted to food blogs and checked at least 8 blogs (some with multiple b.bread recipes) before deciding on one. This lovely recipe comes to us from a fantastic blog: Simply Recipes. I absolutely love everything about Elise's blog--her organization, the family input, the photographs and of course the glorious recipes themselves.

In any case, this recipe was used to make 6 mini loaves to be eaten by my darling husband at a later date. (I'm a big fan of freezers.) They turned out moist and delicious!

Ingredients
3-4 banana, ripe, mashed
1/3 cup melted butter
1 cup (or less) sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. baking soda
Pinch of salt
1 1/2 cups flour

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. With a wooden spoon, mix butter into the mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl. Mix in the sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Sprinkle the baking and salt over the mixture and mix in. Add the flour last, mix. Pour mixture into a greased 4x8 inch loaf pan (or mini loaf pans or muffins tins). Bake for 1 hour or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool on a rack. Remove from pan and slice to serve.






No comments:

Post a Comment