Friday, June 29, 2012

Mango Tomato Salsa Recipe


IMG_9402


I had discovered the beauty of mango and spice in the Strawberry Mango Salsa from the first of the month, so I thought I'd try a different combination. This salsa, is more similar to your traditional tomato pico de gallo with the added sweetness and smooth texture of mango. It's delicious AND (seriously) nutritious! Can't beat that on a hot summer day.


Mango Tomato Salsa Recipe
Makes 1 bowl of salsa

Ingredients
1 ripe mango, peeled and chopped
1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
1/2 jalapeno, finely chopped
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
2 tsp chopped cilantro
cumin
Italian seasoning
salt 
pepper
1 Tbsp lime juice

Directions
In a 2-3 cup bowl, combine mango, tomatoes, jalapeno, onion, and cilantro. Sprinkle with cumin, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Add in lime juice. Stir to combine. Keep covered and refrigerate until serving. Serve with tortilla chips  or tacos. 





Subscribe to The Adorkable Recipes and Follow on Facebook.

1 comment:

  1. Hello!!
    My name is Danielle Zimmerman and I’m an editor for AllFreeCasseroleRecipes.com. I also contribute to recipelionblog.com. I just wanted to let you know that I linked out to your “Taco Pasta Casserole” recipe in my most recent blog post. Here’s the URL: http://blog.recipelion.com/unconventional-unexpected-casseroles/. I’ve browsed through your blog before and I have to say that all of your recipes look so delicious! If you’re interested, we’d love to feature more of your casserole-esque recipes on AllFreeCasseroleRecipes.com. Basically, what we do is give a short description of your recipe along with a picture and then link back to your site so that they can see the full recipe. If you’re interested in working together, just shoot me an email at dzimmerman@primecp.com!


    Danielle Zimmerman
    Editorial Intern
    dzimmerman@primecp.com
    Prime Publishing LLC
    3400 Dundee Road
    Northbrook, IL 60062
    847-205-9375 Main | 847-513-6099 Fax

    ReplyDelete