Monday, October 12, 2009

Oatmeal [Blueberry] Muffins



I was searching for flourless muffin recipes and stumbled upon an Oatmeal blueberry muffin recipe. I tweaked it to suit my tastes and the results are perfectly delicious, quite satisfying, and very healthy. I have experimented with a few different add-ins, so feel free to remove blueberries entirely or replace with chocolate chips, strawberries, nuts, apples, or bananas. Kevin loves these as well, but I tend to hoard them because I am crazy about them and they're a rare treat for me on my fairly gluten free diet.

Ingredients
2 1/2 cup old fashioned oats, finely ground in food processor
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
3-4 tsp cinnamon
3 Tbsp vegetable oil
2/3 cup milk
2 egg whites
1 cup blueberries

Process the oats until fine. Add sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and pulse to combine. Add vegetable oil, milk, and egg whites. Pulse until mixed thoroughly. Fold in (by hand) blueberries.
Fill muffin tins 2/3 full. Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.


No comments:

Post a Comment