Thursday, May 7, 2009

Black Bean Salsa Chicken


Tonight I had a plan for dinner but I just wasn't feeling it.  Ever have those nights?  Well, Kevin and I brainstormed via cell phones and came up with a few....general...ideas.  I took some of those thoughts and ran with it.  I created Black Bean Salsa Chicken.  Now, in case you didn't realize this about me before (which you most likely didn't because all my shared recipe are very precise), I cook in a very experiential way.  I read through a recipe.  Then I make rather subconcious decisions to alter this and that to my liking and/or to agree with the ingredients I have on hand.  So, to be honest, most of the savory (that is, not sweet) recipes I post are probably not exactly what I created in my kitchen.  But believe me, it'll be just as (if not more) tasty. :D  Anyways...all that to say, feel free to tweak this (and any) recipe to your liking.  

Ingredients
2--4oz. boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 cup salsa (your favorite!)
1/3 of a 15 oz. can of black beans, drained and rinsed
1 Tbsp. chopped jalapenos

2-4 cups cooked rice

Preheat oven to 375.  Using cooking spray grease an 8x8 cooking dish and place chicken breasts inside.  Combine salsa, black beans and jalapenos (and any other additions you choose to make--corn, tomatoes, green peppers, onions, etc) and pour down over the chicken.  Bake for 25 minutes or until juices run clear.  While chicken is baking, prepare rice according to directions.  Serve chicken on a bed of rice with a side of black beans, if desired (that is, if you like beans as much as I do.) 


No comments:

Post a Comment