Thursday, February 12, 2009

Irresistible Peanut Butter Cookies






Yesterday it occured to me that I hadn't made peanut butter cookies in who knows who long.  That needed to be righted.  (Also, I figured I could freeze them and add them to my "sell at the church rummage sale" pile.)  This new recipe turned out perfectly for me.  Enjoy!  

Recipe courtesy of Pillsbury & Crisco.


3/4 cup Jif Creamy Peanut Butter (I used reduced fat...just to feel a little better about it :D)
1/2 stick Crisco Butter Flavor Shortening Sticks 
or 1/2 cup Crisco Shortening
1 1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
3 Tbsp. milk
1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
1 large egg
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
3/4 tsp. baking soda
3/4 tsp. salt

Heat oven to 375.  Combine peanut butter, shortening, brown sugar, milk, and vanilla in large bowl.  Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended.  Add egg.  Beat just until blended.  Combine flour, baking soda, and salt.  Add a little at a time to creamed mixture at low speed.  Mix just until blended.  Drop by rounded measuring tablespoonfuls of dough 2 inches apart onto greased baking sheet.  (I did not grease the baking sheet as mine is non-stick.  Also, I rolled the dough into 1" balls.)  Flatten slightly in a crisscross pattern with tines of fork.  Bake one baking sheet at a time for 7 to 8 minutes or untl set and just beginning to brown.  Cool completely on cooling racks.  

Makes 3 dozen cookies (I got just under 4 dozen.)



No comments:

Post a Comment